CAT ET will service engines on two data links simultaneously. Full diagnostics are supported on J1939, but only limited diagnostics are supported on the ATA data link.
There are several new diagnostic tests available:
- The CRS System Diagnostic tests are used to troubleshoot ignition problems, eliminate 90% of the soot load from the DPF in a normal Manual Regeneration, and remove nearly 100% in the longer ASH Service Regeneration.
- The Engine Air System Verification test is comprised of the Clean Gas Induction (CGI) test, the Variable Geometry Turbocharging (VGT) test, and After-treatment Regeneration Device Combustion Airflow (ARD) test. These tests cycle the engine air system components on and off continuously while the engine is stopped in order to evaluate their performance.
- The Fuel System Verification test initiates a sweep of the injector adaptive trim, and compensates injector delivery for wear as it ages. The test displays success or failure of each individual injector following the completion of the test.
- The Fuel System Functional test will automatically test common rail fuel system components in sequential order.
- The Injector Fuel Delivery test measures the fuel flow of each injector.